I feel the weather in Jeddah getting hotter gradually. Recently there is one mail from the local weather department getting circulated everywhere cautioning and requesting the people to take precautions for the upcoming summer season which is forecasted with very high temperatures. Well, I also like to request all the people living in Saudi Arabia to take care and be in good health.
OK, there is some good news and relief for the UMRA passengers (Pilgrims) and to the near and dear to these passengers. This has come from KAIA Director General Mr.Abdul Hameed Aba Al-Arry. Though this rule has been made earlier, It was excused for some part. But the good news is that starting from tomorrow (22-05-2012) all the UMRA passengers with their luggages will be landing/Taking off at HAJJ terminal. This rule will be applied to all the airlines operating in KAIA to drop/Pick all their UMRA passengers (Even there is just 1 Umra passenger) from HAJJ Terminal only. For your information, most of the time the Airline carries the UMRA passengers with the regular passengers and in this case they have to drop/pick them from different terminals.
Well, If you see in above paragraph , I said “all the UMRA passengers with their luggages will be landing at HAJJ terminal.”….with their luggages….Yes….there is a reason to mention about it. Last time when they made this rule, the UMRA passengers got in to chaos while collecting their luggage after landing at Hajj Terminal and when returning also they face problems during luggage dropping time.Specially there is complaint from some of the people that they are not sure about the location(Because there are 2 check-in bays available at different distance locations) where they will check-in and drop their luggages (Btw, Its huge terminal). I hope this problem is solved already as there is lot of improvement in most of the departments of the airport.But also request the related authorities to take care of this issue this time if it is not taken care already and make ‘Guest of Allah’s’ journey more peaceful one.
After all this, I can explain you how this rule can be a good news.
- On many occasions there was a lot of confusion among the passengers as where (Which terminal) they are going to land and from where they are going to take off. This will be eliminated now.
- And the related people who suppose to receive the Pilgrims also releived now. Earlier, the passenger landed in North Terminal and their local relatives/friends/agents are waiting at different terminal and Vice versa.
- And another important thing is that this will release the over crowding and rush from the North & South terminals.
- It gives central control of Pilgrims with required facilities at this Terminal. For example the Pilgrims don't have any facility to take bath in other terminals like North and South Terminal.
Guys!! just to refresh your knowledge I definitely like to give you more details about our King Abdulaziz International Airport (KAIA) or Jeddah Airport. The Jeddah airport covers a land area of 105 square kilometres and considered as one of the largest airports of the world, which includes the following Terminals.
1. North Terminal (For most of the foreign airlines)
2. South Terminal (Dedicated for Saudi Arabian Airlines & Domestic flights)
3. Royal Terminal (For the Foreign dignitaries and the Royal Family)
4. Hajj Terminal (For the HAJJ & UMRA passengers - Muslim Pilgrims)
5. General Aviation Terminal (for the Private Aviation)
6. RSAF (Royal Saudi Airforce) Terminal (For the Military)
7. Saudi Private Aviation Terminal (For the Local Private Aviation) &
8. Deportees Terminal (The 7 & 8 are under final stage of construction)
But now, these UMRA passengers will be landing at Hajj Terminal and their people can also reach there to receive them without any confusion. I hope the authorities will be sticking to this rule without any changes in future.
Have a nice time